Wednesday, January 13, 2016

First Trip of 2016

High, off-colored water...flood ravaged river accesses...winter storms moving into the area...sounds like the perfect conditions to sneak in the first trip of 2016!
 photo P1082158_zpsojwxo8zl.jpg
 photo P1092185_zpsokuirp3v.jpg
 photo P1082159_zpslnqaddgg.jpg
 photo P1082169_zpsbedsqri7.jpg
 photo P1082162_zps2esnajzf.jpg
 photo P1082176_zpstacrp3uo.jpg
 photo P1092188_zpsvuvwiyp6.jpg
 photo P1082177_zpsabqwslto.jpg
 photo P1092190_zps4eantyq0.jpg
 photo P1092193_zpst81ddhab.jpg
 photo P1082179_zpslohpkprx.jpg

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! I wish our streamer fishing was that productive in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our streamer fishing actually gets better this time of year. Higher water levels and less people make it more conducive to throwing big flies.

      Delete
  2. Looks like those sunny streamers were just what those fish were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow was the hot color on thus weekend for sure Jim. Its always in my top 2 choices regardless of conditions.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you are catch fish those size in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just one of the reasons I like the fishing here in the Ozarks...the winters are mild enough to allow good fishing almost all year long. I'm still jealous of your Colorado opportunities though Howard!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Howard. Nice catch for winter fishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still contemplating a Winter trip back up to your part of the country. I just can't get those steelhead out of my head.

      Delete
    2. check in with the weather. too much snow melt and ice doesn't make for a fun day.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic!! Those are some extremely organized fly boxes. I wish mine looked 1/4 of that organized. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Streamer season is just getting started...give me a few more trips and they'll be half empty and disorganized!!

      Delete