Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10/21 - 10/23 " Horse Camping at Eagle Ranch , Missouri"

I spent this past weekend with my wife and a couple of our good friends at Eagle Horse Ranch just outside of Collins , Missouri . This wasn't set up as a fishing trip,  but a trip so that the others could ride some Ozark Highland trails on their horses.  It just so happened that the horse ranch  my wife and our good friends chose to camp at was within an hours drive of the Niangua River,  so Joe and I took  advantage of it on Saturday with a daylong  fishing trip. The rest of the time was spent just relaxing around camp , I even managed to get a few flies tied one afternoon. We ate too much...drank too much...stayed up late around big crackling campfires and just had  a hell of a good time. I didn't take very many pictures but here's a few to give you an idea of the weekends events....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Nice. Very nice. Sounds like the ideal weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good weekend in anybody's book.
    Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim - The weather was perfect and I was in the company of good friends...really that's all it takes to make a great weekend isn't it??

    G Lech - Thanks..I'm not gonna complain as I have an itching feeling that this beautiful fall weather we've been having is about to take a downturn for the worse. While I'm not quite ready for snowboots just yet a few less folks on my local waters would be kinda nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect weekend.
    I found the nature photos. The one of the Black Rat Snake is nice. The Midland Water Snake in the last photo is a chunk... must have just eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jeff! Sounds like a fun, spirited, and fishy weekend. Really appreciate you sharing the pictures, Brings it all together for me. Some good looking water there, and, the dog certainly seems to be having a great weekend. Will be hitting that like button on your blog and will follow along if you don't mind. Also, I am going to add the link to your blog over on my blog roll. Would you consider adding mine to yours. Happy hook ups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel - Glad you found your way over here. Appreciate the comments and happy to have you following along. I enjoyed your site as well and will be happy to put it on my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yah that looks like one hell of a good time!.. Can someone drink or eat to much ??? ;) The pics are great. I gots to get me a fishing partner like that. Help scare off the cougar :) Thanks for sharing. TightLines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trout Magee - My answer to your question is NO (well there was that one time....). Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete